What is Webroot Login?
- Make necessary purchases of Webroot account
- Review your Nortons subscription
- Backup your data
- Access various Webroot files
- Add and remove Webroot devices and users, and much more.
Webroot Account Creation
Before you begin with the Webroot account creation process, make sure that you have a product Keycode. The product key code is the code that you receive on purchasing your Webroot subscription. Hence, start with the purchase of Webroot software from the official website. You can also buy the product from a retail shop or third party. Once your product got successfully purchased, you will receive the Webroot product key code on the email address you provide while purchasing.
Also, you must have an active internet connection for creating your Webroot Login account. Now, follow the below-mentioned procedure for the successful creation of your Webroot account.
- Start the procedure by opening a web browser.
- Then, move to the official website of Webroot by typing “Webroot.com” in the address bar.
- Next, from the homepage, click the “My Account” option. This option will be located on the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, the Webroot login page will appear.
- From the login page, hit the “Create Account” tab.
- Then, type the relevant information in the required fields.
- Firstly, enter the Webroot Product Keycode. Webroot sends the product keycode on purchasing the Webroot product. This code is available in the confirmation mail if you have purchased the product online. Moreover, if you bought the product from a third-party, then you will get this code on the back of the product box.
- Next, enter the email address that you want to associate with your Webroot account. This email address will further become your username for logging in to Webroot account.
- In the next field, re-type the email address.
- Now, create a strong, unique and secure password for your Webroot account. The password you create must adhere to the given specifications.
- The password must have a minimum of 9 characters. From these 9 characters, 6 must be alphabetic characters and 3 numeric characters.
- It must also include at least one special character (excluding < >).
- Make sure that the strength bar will show green color on creating the password.
- In the next field, confirm your password by re-entering it.
- After that, Webroot will ask you to enter the personal security code. This is required for additional safety of your Webroot account.
Personal Security code you create must contain at least 6 characters. Many a time, Webroot asks you to enter the two characters of the code while logging into your Webroot account.
- Next, you have to select a security question from the drop-down menu. This question will be further used for retrieving your Webroot account information.
- Now, enter an easy to remember answer for the selected question.
- Once it gets done, you should read the policy documents for knowing the terms and conditions of Webroot.
For this, tap “Privacy Statement”, “Webroot terms of service”, and “License Agreement” links one by one. You will get these links at the bottom of the page.
- Then, hit the “Register Now” tab.
- Now, you will receive a verification mail on your registered email address.
- Open the mail and click the link provided in the mail.
- If required, then type the two characters of the security code and tap the “Confirm Registration Now” button.
This will successfully verify your Webroot account.
After successfully creating the Webroot account, the next step of the procedure is of Webroot login. You can log in to your Webroot account by following the given process.
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Head to the official website of Webroot Antivirus.
- Now, tap the “My Account” option from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, you have to enter the following information in the required field.
- Email Address: In the first field, enter the email address that is associated with your Webroot account. If you had used phone number for registration, then enter the number in the required field.
- Password: In the next field, enter the password that you have created during the account creation.
- Thereafter, Webroot suggests you to look at the “Privacy Statement”, “Webroot terms of service”, and “License Agreement”. For reading these documents, click the links provided at the bottom of the Webroot login page.
- Lastly, hit the “Login” button.
This will take you to your Webroot account. Now, you can use your account for various functions.
Troubleshooting Steps For Webroot Login Error
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, navigate to Webroot’s official website.
- After that, from the upper-right corner of the screen, click the “My Account” option.
- This will take you to the login window.
- Now, hit the “Forgotten Password” option. This option will be located just above the Password field.
- In the next window, you will get the two options: “I Forgot My Password” or “I Forgot My Security Code”. Select the option as per your preference.
- Next, enter the email address that you have used for linking to your Webroot account. In case, you have logged in from your mobile device, then enter the phone number in the required field.
- After that, tap the “Submit” button.
- If after this, a message pops up stating, “Your account has not been activated,” then click the “Resend Email” tab. Now, Webroot will send you the Verification mail.
- On the other hand, if the message states, “Error(UPW003)”, then it means that the email you have entered is incorrect and does not exist in the system. So, you must check the entered email address.
- Thereafter, answer the security question that you have selected while creating your Webroot account.
- Next, you have to click the “Submit” button.
- Now, move on to your email address and open the password or security code mail which you have received.
- Then, hit the link provided in the mail for continuing with the process.
- After that, generate a new, unique and strong password or security code.
- Lastly, save the new password or security code.
Once done with account creation and Webroot login, you can move to the next step. Now, you have to download and install the Webroot antivirus product that you have purchased. Below given is the procedure for Webroot setup. This will help you to get an error-free experience of downloading and installing the software.
Download of Webroot Application
- Firstly, open the official website of Webroot Antivirus.
- Then, move to your Webroot account following the Webroot login procedure.
- Now, you will get your product download link in your Webroot account.
- Next, tap the download link.
- By doing this, the download will get started.
Installing webroot on Window's Device
- First of all, open the “downloads folder”.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file.
- If asked for allowing the program for making the changes in your computer, then click the “yes” button.
- After that, type the product keycode you have received on the purchase of the product.
- Next, click “Agree and Install” option.
- In the next window, enter the associated email id and then click “Continue” button.
- Now, the installation process will begin.
- Then, wait until the process of installation gets completed.
- Lastly, you are required to restart your system.
Installation for Mac Device
- Firstly, go to the Downloads folder and double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Then, drag the webroot icon into the application folder.
- Now, double-click the webroot icon from the application folder.
- In the next window, select the desired “language”.
- After that, provide the “Product Keycode” of the purchased product.
- Next, tap “Agree and Install” button.
- Thereafter, enter the email id and click the “Continue” button.
- If required then enter your Mac administrator user Id and password.
- Finally, click “ok”.
Following these process will successfully install and activate your Webroot subscription. Now, you can use your Webroot account for managing your subscription.